Additions to the Archive
The following updates to the memorial inscriptions were incorporated in December 2023:
The Old Section of the churchyard - subsections 'F'.
- Additionally, the details of all Commonwealth War Graves recorded casualties (for Ashburton) are now shown with the individual monument records and also on a one page summary linked from the Quick Menu of the side bar panel (provided by Andy Holborn (CWGC)).
- We have included records and photographs for more recent burials that have been identified during the 2014 - 2022 photographic surveys of the churchyard.
- Digitisation of the final section the churchyard, subsection 'F', for the 'Old Churchyard', is now complete and online.
- The images provided on this website comprise both scanned copies of the original survey records and also the more recent photographs (from 2014 - 2022). The scanned images are of the hand-drawn sketches and inscriptions, made during the 1973-1981 surveys. Colour photographs of the headstones are being added to these scanned images (as and when available), but are not replacing the scanned documents.
- Some of the colour photographic images show extended or slightly different inscriptions to those recorded in the 1973-1981 survey records, however the full details from both the old and current surveys are included on the website.
|Ashburton Digital Archive by Ashburton U3A Group & Ashburton Museum is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.